Magnets, where you want them in these magnetic horse boots, are designed to support mobility, aid joint function, and maintain healthy tendons. Ideal for horses prone to fluid-filled legs in the stable, those with chronic tendon problems, splints, bone chips, and general knocks and bumps.
- Includes 4 movable magnets to place where your horse needs them.
- Use overnight as part of your horses’ daily routine for maintaining leg health.
- Recommended for ridden horses, and veterans, on box rest/standing in for long periods of time.
- Use as an alternative to stable bandages to keep the legs warm and maintain circulation.
- 1-year guarantee.
- Supplied in pairs.
Do not apply magnets on open wounds, bruises, or areas of inflammation or for the first 5 days following steroid injections.
For specific hind boots, please see Hind & Hock Magnetic Chaps. Additional magnets are available here.
What is the material used within the Magnetic Boots for horses?
Our Magnetic Boots are made of nylon inner and outer, with polyester fill. The fill provides enough warmth and padding but is not too thick so the boot remains flexible and comfortable while providing some warmth but not overheating the legs.
The inner layer is completely velcro receptive too so that our magnets can be placed anywhere throughout the boots.
Four Magnets are supplied with each pair of boots. They are reasonably thin and flat, yet extremely flexible. This allows them to mold to the horses’ legs, should they need to be placed over a joint. Supplied in a small pouch, they can be placed anywhere within the magnetic boot lining with a simple hook and loop attachment. This allows you to target the magnets exactly where your horse needs them.
Which magnets are used and how do they work?
The body’s cells have electromagnetic properties which means they can be affected by a magnetic field. The magnets used in our Magnetic Chaps for horses and present two alternating poles to the body, negative and positive, making them different from standard Neodymium magnets, which present only one pole. These strong, linear and permanent magnetic fields of alternating pole sequences penetrate into the body tissue.
When should these Magnetic Boots for horses be used?
- Every day as part of your horses’ daily routine for maintaining leg health. Usually overnight or in the day when stood in.
- For horses in work from hacking to competition. This includes horses returning to work or retraining.
- For older horses or those who are slow to warm up.
- Ideal for horses who suffer from arthritis.
- Horses on box rest, standing in for long periods of time or on limited turnout.
- General knocks and bumps.
How do I care for the Magnetic boots?
Machine washable at 30 degrees, so you can quickly and easily clean your boots. Our Hook Cleaner Brush can also help keep your straps debris free and prolong their life.